Multi Layer Insulation (MLI) / Super Insulation（SI)
･ Protects the surface of spacecraft and artificial satellites from the radiant heat of the sun.
･ Polyimide grades are excellent in heat resistance.
･ Integrated production from raw material polyimide film in KANEKA
- (Single side or both sides) Aluminium Coated Polyimide film
- Thickness (μm)
- 12, 25, 50
- Weight (g/m2)
- 19, 38, 74
- Solar Absobance (αs) (25μm thickness Single side Aluminum Coated Polyimide film)
- 0.07(Aluminum side), 0.34(Polyimide side)
- Normal Emittance (εN) (25μm thickness Single side Aluminum Coated Polyimide film)
- 0.04(Aluminum side), 0.68(Polyimide side)
- *These dada are not guaranteed values but the typical measurement values at our company.
･ Price and lead time depend on specification.
･ You can search for the specifications in JAXA's "Materials Database System". http://matdb.jaxa.jp/main_e.html
･ International Space Station - Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency: JAXA http://iss.jaxa.jp/en/htv/
･ Our company MLI website http://www.kaneka.co.jp/en/business/qualityoflife/eit_005.html